Seasonal fruit aspic and decorative plate garnish
A fine recipe from the 3 Ponts!
INGREDIENTS for 4 servings
- 3 or 4 different types of seasonal fruits
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 60 g brown sugar
- 1 nob of butter
- 1 or 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon woodland fruit jam
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 gelatin sheet
- Cut all the fruits in a small dice of 5 mm on each side. Place in a large bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- In a sauté pan, make a clear caramel with the brown sugar. Add the fruits to the pan, keeping the flame high enough to evaporate the fruit juices. Add the strawberry jam. When you reach the desired consistency, add the gelatin sheet (pre-moistened in cold water for 15 minutes). Pull from the flame and add the rum.
- Fill molds with this mixture. Chill.
- Dilute the woodland fruit jam with a little water. Repeat this process with the apricot jam.
- On a plate, make some decorative swirls with the two jams. Place the fruit aspic on top of the swirls. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Bonus tip from the chef
Honey and dried fruits can add an extra touch. For the decoration, chocolate and vanilla dessert creams give a good result.