This course is available for one week starting on 2 June or 8 September 2013 and it's very popular, so book early to avoid disappointment! It includes French language classes, French pastry classes as well as French baking classes.
Dare to try pastry & bread-making and not only enjoy but succeed in doing them. Our course includes: cake-making & decoration, pastry bases and creams for tarts and mini-tarts, croissants, puff pastry for starters & desserts and the wonders of icing and sugar decoration. Also special, whole & grain breads.
Our enthusiastic, talented teacher, Chef Alain, with his artistic flair and advanced technical qualifications, teaches you in a relaxed setting. He leads you on a creative adventure that will teach you the basics, how to improve on them, and encourages you to use your imagination in the creation of a sugar sculpture. Since being awarded the prestigious title of Best Pastry Chef of the Year, Chef Alain has taught at internationally-renowned culinary schools as a pastry chef. The course is structured as follows:
5 mornings of French Language group classes - maximum of 6 per group
2 afternoons of French Pastry classes
Conducted in French with a discreet translation for non French speakers where you can make cakes, pastries, desserts and decoration including:
- Preparations: pastry dough, lining a tart mould, lining fancy cakes, cutting dough, "detrempe" for puffed pastry, buttering, turning cutting & baking puffed pastry.
- Recipes: Sweet dough, crushed dough, puffed pastry, chocolate cream, frangipane cream, pastry cream, macaroons.
- Dishes: Fruit tarts & mini tarts, fancy cakes, a variety of cookies, pithiviers, vol au vent, pear chaussons, millefeuille.
2 afternoons of French Baking classes
- Preparations: Dough kneading, fermentation control, bread-baking
- Recipes: Croissant dough, special breads, whole grain, whole-meal breads
- Dishes: Croissants, pains au chocolat, sultana rolls, different kinds of bread